October 10, 2008

Price Of Groceries

A new Blog I found and have now bookmarked, asked the question "How much do you pay for groceries?". She is from Canada, and the prices she has listed seem a bit higher then they are here. But here are some prices that I came up with, with help from a Meijer flyer. Note: these are not the prices I pay for these items, I will tell you why at the end!

1 Gal Milk- $1.99-2.50
10 lb potatoes- $2.69-3.49
fruit, apples- $.99-1.39/lb.
oranges- ???
bananas- $.55/lb
grapes- $.99/lb +
Produce, lettuce- bagged $1.50-2.00
cucumbers- $3/1.00
tomatoes- $1.29/lb
Froz Corn- $1.00 off brand
coffee- $1.89 (very good sale)-5.99
Toilet paper 12 double- $5.99- 6.99
gound beef- $1.89-2.29
cold cuts- 16 oz. ham or turkey $2.50
block of cheese- 6-8 oz. $2.33
lb. of Butter or margarine- around $1. or less
oreos- off brand $2.00
Can of Beans- $1.
Can of Tomatoes- $.79
14-16 oz. Pasta- $.79- 1.19

Gas (I also have a Suburban to fill!)- $3.39 (that is the lowest it's been in a while...)

I save money using coupons WITH sales. When things are on sale, I check to see if I have a coupon. If I do- I stock up! I hardly ever pay regular price for things now. And a lot of things I get if not FREE, are at least quite a bit cheaper than the regular price.

2 comments:

B. said...

Your prices sound really good. I cant get a pound of butter for less than $3 and that is the off brand! But I also use sales/coupoons... I am not as good as it I would like...

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Aw, shucks! You bookmarked me?! You can be my new BFF, kay...well, after Christine and Bobbie... You've got some nice prices 'round your parts.
Blessings,
Tyler