February 23, 2009

Free Shorts for Summer


I have 4 boys. And we have been through LOTS of jeans... I mean LOTS...
And after the holes in the knees got beyond repair, we used to throw them out. One day, however, my cheap husband cut every pair of their jeans that had holes, into shorts!
.
So in the summer time, running around outside and playing, you will most likely see my boys in cut-off shorts. Fashionable??? Maybe in the 90's, but instead of spending even $5 for a pair of shorts for them to ruin outside, we use the jeans we would have thrown out anyways. We've also cut up their Khaki pants! I could probably even hem the edges, but I don't bother. They don't mind at all!
.
So, instead of thinking there is nothing else to use your kids jeans for, cut them into play shorts for the summer!
.
To see more Practical Tips, go HERE!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I don't do this nearly enough! I'm going to start cutting. jeans get holes so quickly. It will be great to get some more use out of them.

thanks for the reminder!!

Genesa said...

Good Tip! Maybe if we all do it, we sill start a new fashion trend!!!