July 30, 2009

Things I Love Thursday- Our Farm!



3 years ago, we moved to our home here in the country.

About 2 1/2 years before that, we sold a smaller home in the country with very little land, and moved into a duplex that we owned, and were there 2 years. I can't believe we made it that long in the middle of a little town. The road lead to the hospital and it was on a brick road, literally! It was neat, but EAAARLY in the morning, it was SO noisy! Plus, I am not used to sidewalks being on 2 side of my house and people walking by at all hours, right by my windows!

I am DEFINITELY a country dweller! And that is where we wanted to raise our boys. Somewhere safe, somewhere with room to run. And we found that in our current home. We LOVE having animals, we love having land to plant a garden or to have a camp out.





On our farm right now, we have 2 dogs, 4 cats, 10 ducks, 36 chickens (Egg layers), 1 free-range bunny (we let him run this spring, and he LOVES it). And soon we will be adding more!

So, share with us! What do YOU love today? Link up and share!



3 comments:

Megan said...

I can't imagine living in town with 3 boys and Halee either!!

Beautiful Rainbow pic

Heather said...

Thanks for the linky, I hope to join you more often!

Daisy said...

Lovely post! Sometimes I feel like being in the country far from the busy city life but sometimes I miss being busy, a hectic schedule and deadlines to meet. It's my rush! ha! Weird huh?

Added my link now btw.

~Daisy