Almost 300 years ago, Pilgrims escaped their native country, to be able to worship freely in a new country. Well, they didn't exactly expect to find a "new world", but they did. And there were so many hardships that first winter. Many died. There wasn't enough food. Had God brought them there to die?
I am sure, a religious people, like the Pilgrims were, prayed and cried out to God for help! And with Spring, came a new beginning. With Spring, God brought them help. An Indian, named Squanto showed them how to plant and live on the land. God had brought them the help they needed!
At harvest time, the Pilgrims and Indians celebrated together. The Pilgrims were thankful that God had brought them help!
Sometimes, God has to let us sit in the darkness before he brings us the light. He has to let us experience loss and sadness, sickness and to see the filth in this world, before we can look at God, and thank Him for those little things that we wouldn't have seen before... I don't live in a mansion, but I DO have a warm house. I don't have a GREAT paying job, but I DO have a JOB!
Somethings, I am thankful for...
- My wonderful, hardworking husband
- My beautiful, healthy, smart children
- My warm house
- My husband's job
- My two hands and feet that can work and care for my household.
- Food in our cupboards
- Our wonderful church & loving church family
- Working vehicles, old but working!
- Freedom to worship, freedom to carry my Bible, freedom to blog about it!
- Our farm
- Meat in the freezer (Thanks to hubby, chickens & deer)
- Forgiveness, Grace & Mercy, given to us freely by a Loving & Wonderful God
- For YOU, my blog friends!
I know there are much, much more to be thankful for. I encourage you to write down or to name out loud what things you are thankful for. Even if it is small, small is still something! Like my dryer... It doesn't work right now, unless I Duct tape the button down for it to run. But it WORKS with Duct Tape!!! I am thankful it runs at all! Is it IDEAL? No! But, it IS a blessing and something to be thankful about!
What are YOU thankful for???