February 11, 2010

Snow Days, And Other Craziness...

Yesterday, the boys had another day of school canceled. So 2 days for them, then this morning, a 2-hour delay. Thank goodness, they can go to school... I hope we aren't going to school in mid-June!

The snow WAS beautiful, and deep. Though not as deep as some parts of the country. I think we probably got a foot or a little more here, with drifts that were much deeper.

Here are my boots COVERED:

Like I said, the boys are back to school. Just in time for a Valentine party...

Tomorrow, we should be getting our new broiler chickens. I need to take my banty chickens down to the barn today (with their heating lamp!) and make a new brooder for the chicks. Our brooder has been a cardboard box, but hubby says for Valentine's Day, maybe he'll make me a WOODEN ONE. I told him to throw in some organic soil for my seeds, and he has a deal. We are SO romantic... :)

Well, long list of chores to get done today: laundry, sweeping, Mille Fleurs to the barn, new brooder box... I know. My life is SO EXTREME! :) I love it...

No comments: