May 26, 2010

A Few Days in Pictures...

My boy is better this week, we just have to break him of his PURE SPOILEDNESS... Some would argue that he was spoiled before this ordeal. And to that, I have no argument.

So while I was around the homestead this week, I took some pictures. We actually have some new additions to the Muddy Boots family! This is NOT the addition that I was talking about earlier in the week. We still have another addition coming on Friday... Probably evening, so keep your eye on here to get the info! :)

I also am going to be having a giveaway that you won't want to miss! Coming up soon! Watch for it! :P I know, I'm ornery sometimes...

So roll the pictures!

Here are the 10 new additions, at least for a while... 10 Broiler chicks. These are for Deklyn's 4H project this year.


We have finally taken our chicks, now 2 months old on the ones we hatched and 1 month old on the ones we bought. They were THRILLED to be in grass, and it is so much fun to watch them find new treasures! :) Here is their temporary set-up. At night, we put them back in their brooder to protect them from the stray cats...


They are getting so big! Before we know it, we will have a LOT of eggs!


Speaking of eggs, here is the self-proclaimed Egg Man, with one of his "future" layers...



Our Jacob Sheep are now almost 2 months old! I can't believe it. And they really are growing fast! I think soon we will have to separate the little boys from the ladies, before they start getting any "ideas". Here is our little 4 horned ram, who I think is going to turn out very nice, Jack:Well, it was a hot day, and he was keeping himself hunkered down in the grass to keep cool... And here is Jack and his sister, Charlotte. With Charlotte, she is a 4 horned ewe, BUT I think 2 of her horns have grown together, so she is 3 horned! I'm not sure what this means for her future, but she is awfully sweet...



The other day, when hubby and Deklyn went to check on their bees, they found them building up through a hole that they shouldn't be building into. THe piece got knocked off, and they put it in a jar. After examining it a bit, they saw bee larvae! Which is a little gross, but a great sign that our hives are doing what they are supposed to! Check them out! I made it so you can enlarge the pic when you click on it, though the camera mostly focused on the jar, not the hive:

Can you see them in the comb? It is truly amazing how bees work!

And last but NOT least, last night, we attended the graduation of Caden from his Preschool! He was SO proud. Look how cute this little guy is:


I am a little sad because I will be losing this guy to Kindergarten next year. He is SUCH a good boy, and always so loving and helpful. I TOLD him to stop growing, and he is OBVIOUSLY disobeying me.

I will be sure to be posting again on all the other stuff going on around here!!! See you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post - really enjoyed the pictures.....makes me want to have some chickens of my own - but I will just continue reading about yours for now!