October 8, 2010

Recipe: Pancake Mix


I mentioned earlier this week that I have been working on finding food "mix" recipes that can make meal preparations easier and QUICKER, as well as staying healthy.  Well, I came across a recipe, and as always I change it up! 

I told my sons to be honest with me and to tell me if they liked these pancakes or not, and the response was with much enthusiasm!  They LOVED them!  Even my pickier son, who earlier asked why they were a different color, LOVED them!  I was happy to hear their reaction, then I tried it and it WAS really good! 

Also healthier than your typical store bought box mix!  Without further ado, here is the recipe!

Pancake Mix

4 C. All-purpose Flour (I use unbleached)
2 C. whole wheat flour (I used sprouted whole grain whole wheat)
2/3 C. sugar
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. baking soda

Makes 2 batches. 

Each batch makes 18-22 pancakes.

To make this mix:
- use 3 slightly rounded cups of mix
- add 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 C. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together with wire whisk and bake on a griddle with temp of 250-275 degrees.

*** We also added frozen blueberries after we poured each pancake on the griddle. 

YUM!  This mix is great to make ahead and them fix up in minutes!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love the idea of making my own mix. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Tonya Gunn said...

Oh, as we have pancakes several morning each week, this is something I have been meaning to do to save a bit of time.
Thanks for sharing.
Warm wishes, Tonya