November 14, 2008

Things I Love Thursday- A Day Late


Ooopps. Well, I guess it goes well with what I was going to put on here!


The thing I love and am going to talk about today is FORGIVENESS.


I am a child of God. I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins. And I KNOW the Holy Spirit is living inside of me.


Do I deserve it? Absolutely...NOT.


But, that is the most awesome part about all of this. We DO NOT deserve anything that God gives us. We are sinners, all of us. We have bad thoughts, we say things we shouldn't, we act in unchristian-like ways, we are self-centered, we hold grudges, we don't forgive when we should, we let little things bring us down, we take our moods out on others... need I go on?


I am right there...


But the Lord, He forgives those things. If you want Him to. I want Him to. I ask Him daily, sometimes by the hour... And you know what? HE does. He forgives. No matter what.


How??? He forgives because through His Son, Jesus, who died on the cross, we have been washed clean. Washed clean of ANYTHING.


YES! That is how much He loves you.


I am daily in disbelief of His awesome love for me.


Thank you God, for Your forgiveness.


If you don't know God, and the AWESOME power of His forgiveness, you NEED to! He wants you to come to Him. And if you need to have someone pray with you, go to someone who will, Leave a comment here, or e-mail me.


Lord- You know who needs You today. You know who needs Your forgiveness. Help us not to be too proud to ask YOU for help. We know how awesome You are, and how we don't deserve it. Our offenses are horrible, and we have no defense. But YOU. YOU will forgive those things. And I am eternally thankful. Help us to come to You today. Thank you Jesus. ~ Amen

2 comments:

Genesa said...

This is a beautiful post. Thank you!

Megan said...

awesome post... I know God will use it! He will bring the right person to read it.