July 16, 2009

Easy Ice Cream!

I am Lactose Intolerant, and I don't get to enjoy ice cream anymore. Yes, I COULD take the pills that help the lactose become more digestible. BUT, I don't. Just more money. Plus, I don't miss it THAT much. Well, sometimes I do. Like during the summer. Hot evening, sittin' around enjoying time with the family.

And to those who don't know, Soy Ice Cream is very pricey! For a pint of soy ice cream, it is WELL OVER $4. I can't justify that, not even for a special treat.

Well, I decided to try to make some myself! And it is SOOOO easy. AND, you can make regular ice cream with this too, and I have been told it is good also.

SO here is the Easy Ice Cream Recipe (for Soy or Regular Ice Cream):

1 C. milk or soy milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
***You can make this chocolate by adding chocolate syrup or using chocolate milk or soy milk.

Combine the milk and the sugar in a sandwich baggie. Push as much air out as you can, then seal tightly.

In a bigger gallon baggie, add the sandwich baggie with your milk mixture, 2 cups crushed ice, and 3 Tbsp. table salt. Seal the gallon baggie tightly.

The next part, requires a little exercise before the treat! Shake those baggies! Shake the baggies for about 5 minutes. The after 5 minutes, carefully open the baggies and dump into a dish. Enjoy!

I have to tell you I used chocolate soy milk, and it tasted exactly like the expensive stuff in the store! Quick, delicious and inexpensive! Love it!

2 comments:

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

This is great fun........I did this years ago, and it really does work great!!!
A few years ago, I got one of those ice cream balls.....where you can roll it around to make ice cream. It also worked, but took quite a long time of rolling/shaking/throwing around!!!

GypsyFox said...

YUMMY must try!