With all of my kids, I went from breast-feeding to using a sippy-type bottle. I only used an actual bottle a handful of times. And it has worked well for us. The problem is finding a sippy that will last, and that is safe for your child to use. I not too long ago, found myself at the store looking though a poor selection of sippy cups. I got my son one of them, but he was NOT happy about it. Reasons? Well, he can't talk but I will make a few educated guesses on his behalf. First, he couldn't hold on to the thing. It had smooth sides, and I had to help him for the longest time. He STILL doesn't like to hold it (2 months later). Second, For some drinks, like milk, he really had to suck hard on it to get it to come out. You could hear the milk trying to make it's way through the tip. Third, I didn't like it because it is a cheap plastic!
I'm pretty sure I can come up with MORE reasons, but I want to make a point about this before I loose you on this bad sippy! I did some looking on the Internet and found Kid Basix, and the Safe Sippy 2. I read about it, and wanted to try it on my little guy!
Here are some of the great feature about the Safe Sippy 2:
- A sippy bottle with a "straw-like" spout
- Comes with side handles for easy grasping
- The outer thermoplastic sleeve keeps little hands safe from cold and hot liquids. All plastic is free of free of Bisphenol A, phthalates and DEHA
- The stainless steel along with the protective sleeve create the most durable, ding-free cup available on the market
- Has a no-spill valve inside the cap
- The spout is hard and made of stable, non-toxic, #5 polypropelene plastic
- Comes in pink, green or blue
- They are a 2 in 1. Sippy or Straw cup!
- Comes with a travel cap to keep the spout clean, a travel plug to prevent liquid from dripping into your diaper bag or purse, and a straw converter
The wonderful Jemima, from Kid-Basix, sent me a cup for my little guy to try out. As soon as I opened the box and brought the sippy out, he wanted it! He doesn't have a sippy that looks anything like this! So, how would he know it is his? So, I washed it up. Let me tell you before I go any further, to wash this is WONDERFUL! It is stainless steel, and for me, it feels clean! You know that no liquid is going to stick in the bottle, no smell will linger because it has permeated the walls of it. Each piece of the bottle was very easy to clean, and is dishwasher safe.
I filled up the sippy with milk for my guy and he grabbed right ahold of it. EASILY. Because there are 2 great handles on the sides, and he knew exactly what they were for.
To drink out of it, I love that you can use it as a straw cup or a sippy. It kind of grows with your baby! I also love that it comes with a travel plug. I don't know HOW many times I have thrown a sippy in my purse only to find that I need to wash out my purse later because of spilled milk. Yuck! What a great feature to have!
So, how about it? Would you like to have a Safe Sippy 2 for YOUR little guy or gal to try? Well, here is your chance!
Because Kid-Basix is giving one winner a set of 3 Safe Sippys! So, how can you enter? Here are several ways you can enter, please leave a separate comment for each. Also make sure you leave your e-mail!
- Tell me why you would like to try the Safe Sippy 2.
- Subscribe to this blog (or tell me that you have!)
- Follow this Blog (or tell me that you are!)
- Twitter about this giveaway (leave a link)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave a link)
- Tell me what you think is the best baby or toddler product you have used, so far.
There you go! 6 chances to win! Giveaway ends July 29th! Enter now!