August 26, 2009

Things I Love Thursday- Doing SOMETHING



It's Thursday! I cannot BELIEVE how this week has flown by, and I haven't had the TIME to blog!!! I thought when the kids started school, I would have more time to do things like blogging...

But, it is that time of week when we are able to share the things that we love! And this week, I am going to share something that I did last Friday. I cut my hair! I know, maybe not TOO exciting. But, the thing I love about it, was that I was able to donate the hair to "Locks of Love". If you have 10" or more, they are able to use your hair in wigs for kids and adults who have lost their hair in chemo, etc. My longest layer was 10" and so my sister, a beautician, helped me out by cutting my hair!

Here are the before shots, keep in mind, I didn't make myself up for this photo, I showered and went to my sister's for the hair cut...


And here are the after.... (again, I didn't fix myself up for the pic, sorry!)


Here is what I was able to donate:




So, that's it! I love the feeling that I can do something so simple! Every 1 1/2- 2 years I have been getting my hair cut, and love to know that I have helped someone feel a little better during a painful time.

I also want to encourage YOU, if you have the ability to grow your hair out and then have the stomach to be able to cut it off, DO IT. You will be glad you did. You can see almost ANY beautician about cutting your hair for you, and a lot of beauty shops will actually send it in for you also. Some places will also cut your hair for free, after you donate your hair. There are links at the Locks of Love web site.

Oh, and I do like my hair. My sister did a great job as usual, and I get to enjoy a short cut for a while!

So, it's YOUR turn... What do YOU love today? Please share with us!




5 comments:

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

It look GREAT!!! For not being all dolled up it already looks so good...gotta love haircuts that look good without all the .

TheAtticGirl said...

Love the hair cut!

Megan said...

Looks great Sarah!!

***Sharon*** said...

Hi! Following you via MBC! I think the Locks of Love program is FANTASTIC. I was able to do it twice and even my 6 year old has done it! It's such a great cause. And your new hair cut looks FABULOUS! :)

Genesa said...

Love it Sarah! Beautiful as usual!