August 31, 2009

Doing More with Less


In doing some homework before getting my sheep in a few weeks (hopefully!), I came across a video on UTube for a family, who is quite an inspiration! I love planting and harvesting, I love seeing the fruit of my labor. In the summer especially, I love to be able to work with my hands and see something become of it!

Well, go HERE if you would like to watch a couple minute video on a family who lives in California, in the suburbs of Pasadena. They own 1/5 th of an acre, and they produce enough food to not only feed themselves but also to sell to their community and several fine restaurants in their area! It makes me want to go out and do much more with my 10 acres!

Check it out, and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Now THAT is a nice way to live!! I want that!!

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

When have you had Iney cake?????? :)