I recently came across yet another great blog, Chickens in the Road. I was reading some of her past posts and came across a question she asked her readers, and I loved it. It made me think a little!
My kitchen doesn't feel like home unless....
How would you answer this question??? Here is how I would~
My kitchen wouldn't feel like home unless:
- There were tons of pictures and kid's drawings and A+s on the refrigerator.
- There were a wire basket with fresh eggs on the counter.
- There were antique kitchen items dotted through the whole kitchen.
- There was a little Koen dragging around his kitchen bench getting into the cupboards and on the counters, scavenging for food.
- There was a candle lit on the counter, and smelling up the house.
- There was a delicious SOMETHING baking in the oven.
- There was an island full of Legos, drawings, crayons and pencils...
- There were little sticky fingerprints all over the very edge of the counters.
- There was the happy chatter of 4 little boys around my table.
- There were those same little happy boys around the table saying their prayers to God, to keep us safe, to keep everyone in the whole wide world safe, and to help us to do the right things... just before a home cooked meal with my wonderful husband.
What blessings all happen in the kitchen! How would YOU answer this question? I would LOVE to hear!