February 15, 2010

Dry Mix Recipes NEEDED!


Tomorrow, I am asking you to all link up on this site, with your dry mix recipes. You know, like your Bisquik Mix, your taco seasoning mix, your country gravy mix... Any kind of mix that most people buy at the store in those little envelopes.

But, as you have come to expect (and LOVE!), I am not MOST people. I like to make things from scratch, when possible. And I HATE to look at a package of something, and see a bunch of words I can't pronounce, let alone know what they are doing in my food!

So, please share your tried and true mixes! You can either link up to YOUR blog, OR you can just put it in the comment section. Either way, we sure do appreciate it...

It would be nice to have all of those mixes made by YOU sitting in your cupboard, filled only with ingredients that you know! I know it makes me feel good! SO see you tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Midnite Skys said...

taco Seasoning

1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. corn starch
1/2 tsp. crushed dried red pepper
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder

Add to browned ground beef. Add 1/2 c. water. Simmer 10 Minutes.

I have few on my "new blog" I have started to keep the recipes I find all in one place....
at http://sassyvegetarian.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Here is a link to a list of several mixes.

http://www.justpeace.org/mixes.htm