October 21, 2010

From Scratch...


It is a beautiful Fall week so far, chilly in the evenings, and daytime temps are very pleasant.

Lots going on still on our little farm, and so life rarely is at a stand still.  Baking and MAKING are difficult when life gets busy, BUT you make time if it's important.  Tuesday I ran LITERALLY all day, run to this place then this place, then do this real quick before I have to go here.  But when I got home, got kids in bed and realized it was 8:30 pm, I WANTED to have some Breakfast muffins for the next morning.  So I made them!  9:30 I pulled them out of the oven, and they were ready for the next day.  Crazy?  Possibly, and very likely.  BUT, important to me....

So here is a run down of what I made this week From Scratch...

  • Pizza crust (this might be on each week, as we LOVE it!).  Made with homemade sauce, turkey burger, organic mushrooms, and cheese.  There is enough dough that I also make breadsticks, and my boys love 'em....
  • Crock pot whole chicken (raised on our farm) broth, organic veggies.... (kept the broth)
  • Chicken noodle soup, made with save broth, noodles, organic veggies.
  • Pumpkin muffins (new one for us, I made it with fresh pumpkin from our garden!0
  • Power Muffins (double batch)
  • Granola.  Delish!
  • Warm Cider, YUM! (Dump cider in a crock pot, add chopped apple sliced orange and cinnamon sticks, let simmer on low for an hour or more)
  • As well as most dinners, and some breakfasts being put together with whole ingredients and made from scratch...
I have much more planned for today, like laundry soap!  I ran out and need to make a new batch!  

What are YOU making form Scratch?   Please share what you made this week, either by linking up or sharing in the comments!  If you'd like, you can also use the button above that says from scratch!

Thanks for sharing!

1 comment:

Megan @ A Blossoming Homestead said...

After carving pumpkins with the college kids (my husband and I lead the college age ministry at our church), I made pumpkin pasta (a recipe from Thy Hand Hath Provided - I wish I knew how to link that!), and I put butter and salt on the pumpkin seeds and baked them for a nice snack!