October 28, 2010

From Scratch...


It's Thursday!  And time for "From Scratch", where we can link up and share what we made from scratch this week!

This week seemed really busy for some reason.  Seemed like I did a lot of running and had a lot of chores!  I hope this doesn't keep up!  While you are reading this, I am HOPEFULLY on my way to pick up our new little male Jacob sheep.  Of course I have to travel 2 1/2 hours away in windy/ possibly rainy conditions... Which should be fun!  So, if you think about it, say a little prayer for me for safe travel.  I would sure appreciate it.

So, on with the show!  This week, this is what I made from scratch:

  • Granola!  For cereal in the mornings!  Very filling, very healthy!
  • Pumpkin Dinner Rolls.  This is a family FAVORITE.  Makes big batches and can be frozen to pull out later.  So nice!
  • Baked Oatmeal.  Yum!  Warm, and filling for breakfast!
  • Homemade chicken noodle soup (from home raised chickens).
  • Mashed potatoes (from our abundance of potatoes this year!).
  • Pizza!  I know you have all come to expect this one!  :)
  • All other meals are made at home, never from a boxed meal!  I use as many whole ingredients as I can, and if I purchase something, I try to make sure it is "natural" or organic.
That's it for me!

What all have YOU made this week?  I would LOVE to hear!  You can either link up below OR add what you've made to the comments area!  Thanks!  And I look forward to seeing what you have all made "from scratch"!


2 comments:

the sleepy time gal said...

wonderful blog! nice to meet you.

this week i made our daily bread, apple crumble, sour cream pancakes (love those!) and gingerbread cookies! i love baking.

Naturally Carol said...

this week i had to make supper for bible college, they all loved my best ever carrot cake, made from scratch...i don't have any packet mixes. very simple recipe.