June 8, 2011

Harvesting!

Oh my, I absolutely LOVE this time of year.  The WARMTH has not only appreared (as well as some of the rain DISappearing), but along with all of that rain and now sunshine, we are seeing things spring up like CRAZY in the garden! 

I will share pics soon, I am actually working (volunteering on our church office while many people from our church get to go to Israel!).  So I will add pics when I have time in the next day or 2.  But we are REALLY enjoying the harvest of STRAWBERRIES that we have been getting DAILY!  The last 2 mornings, I have enjoyed a fresh ORGANIC strawberry and raw milk smoothie for breakfast!  Doesn't get any better than that! (Well, maybe with some homegrown raw honey!)

Lettuce is also coming on!  I CANNOT WAIT for that!

Many othering things are Springing up!  Pics coming VERY soon!

What are you enjoying from your garden/farm???

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We haven't harvested anything yet, but I do have strawberries that are getting big. My 2 separate plantings of lettuce yielded nothing (probably the rain) and my peas have yet to produce and now it is likely too hot for them to last much longer. Not a good year so far.

Missy said...

Oooh, I love strawberries.. I have yet to venture in to growing strawberries.. I have planted them, my sweet hubby tilled them LOL, I haven't tried again since then. You are inspiring me to consider them for next year- everything else is doing really well- especially the raspberries...

Enjoy your smoothies -

Melissa

btw- a church trip to Isreal?? how incredibly awesome!

Sac Prada said...

Can I talk about internet some more? I mean in general and more specifically the people who use it. When we use the internet, we are faced with advertisements and other things that we have to use a mental filter to recognize what is legitimate and what isn't. Sometimes we go to websites that have ads that say in big, flashy writing that you have won something and you need to click to claim your prize Polo Handbags Outlet. You know that it's total bullshit, right? You know you didn't really win anything, right? If you said maybe, I'll punch you in the face.

Anyway, I also dismiss anything that sounds too good to be true, especially on the internet Chaussures Nike. Sometimes in real life, there are real deals that sound too good to be true, but you can use common sense and a little research to figure out if it's legit or not. Yesterday morning I received an invitation from one of my Facebook friends, one in which I totally regret accepting the friend request, that said "First 100,000 participants will receive a new pair of headphones." This event was created by "Receive a brand new pair of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones for FREE Chaussures Nike Femme." Okay, this is probably bullshit, I said. Oh, there are steps you must take to claim your free headphones? What are they Mulberry Handbags Outlet? Oh, I'm getting excited! Here's the copy and paste of the "more info" section of this event Chaussures Nike Homme.
Burberry Handbags Outlet