My kitchen is a MESS today! But a mess in MY kitchen isn't always bad! Messes USUALLY mean there's some good stuff happenin' in there! And I am preparing for a birthday party on Friday, and my hubby also coming home from training for work. Both very happy occasions, in addition to Independence Day on Sunday! So in order to keep things healthy, delicious and running smoothly, I prepare ahead so I can spend more time with my family!
This Friday, for Austin's birthday, this is what we are whipping up:
- Hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, with homemade buns!
- Homemade Lemonade (1 C. sugar, 1 C. lemon juice, 2 quarts water)
- Salad (from the garden! YUM!)
- Homemade Strawberry cake (super moist!), with homemade frosting
- Homemade french fries
- Watermelon (not from my garden YET)