January 11, 2011

New Year's Resolutions?

I know, people usually don't want to admit that they do this, but it IS kind of good to sometimes have a "check" of ourselves, and re-evaluate how things are going in our lives and even in our homes and farms.

So I thought I would share a few (until now) unwritten and unspoken things I would like to change on my farm and home this year! 

As being relatively new to the "farm" thing, I think it is good to always question how I can do things more efficiently and even more naturally. I plan on being more "deliberate" with my garden this year.  As in, I am planting things according to their "freezability or can-ability".  So less of the cuccumber/ mellon thing...  More of the rotational garden that can be "kept" thing...  I am keeping with NO chemicals on my garden.  I am soon going to be ordering my seeds, and I am BEYOND excited about the thought of Spring again!  This year our strawberries will be ready, and I am so excited about those also.  Especially with NO chemicals.  I pick from a local farm that is surrounded by farm ground that sprays their fields.  So you HAVE to know there are chemicals there.

In the barn, I hope to keep things pastured.  And feeds being natural feeds, when necessary.  We really don't have the option of organic around where I live, with out a HUGE price tag and shipping...  I am excited to be having our first baby goats!  I will be letting them nurse from their mother for a week or a little more, THEN I will be milking the mother and bottle feeding the babies their mother's milk.  Bottle feeding will help with the friendliness of the goat.  Which will be GREAT for 4H.  I hope to shear my sheep again this Spring, and take in all of the wool this time to have it processed,  I am excited for the potential of my own yarn!  What to make, what to make....

In my home, I hope to keep with making cleaners, and to learn how to make more.  I am planning on more organic in my cupboards too.  I have been gradually trying to do that, so as to not break the bank.  I want to continue to  make things more in the kitchen.  My family loves it, and I feel SO much better about knowing the ingredients.

Overall, SIMPLE.  SIMPLE!  I am a simple, mother and wife.  I live on a farm.  I get my feet and hands dirty.  I want my boys to be healthy and HAPPY.  I ADORE my husband.  I am a child of God.  Beyond that, there isn't much else.  Keep it simple.  Keep LIFE simple.

What are YOUR resolutions for the new year for your home and farm?  Please share!!!  Let's encourage each other in this process this year!

2 comments:

Faithfully Free Blog said...

I try not to make too many resolutions because I have no will power. I think this year I am going to resolve to surrendering completely to Him!

I found your blog on CWO and wanted to invite you to join us in the forums if your interested. We are always looking for guest writers!

http://www.forum.christianmommybloggers.com

Hope to see you there!

RealHouseWifeOK said...

Hello! Glad I found your blog. I found it searching for websites to add to MY blog!

Angela